| Organizing Your National Engineers Week Program |
The key to a successful National Engineers Week program is early planning. Many local committees schedule their first meeting in the early fall. Here's how to start:
- Schedule a start-up meeting and invite representatives from local engineering societies; colleges and universities with engineering programs; other education organizations; and area employers.
- Appoint a committee and a chair.
- Determine your goals and objectives and write them down.
- Organize subcommittees and appoint chairs with specific duties.
- Develop a planning calendar, including all critical dates, such as follow-up meetings, etc.
- Develop and implement your plan.
- Meet regularly to review progress.
- Evaluate your results.
Try to organize a subcommittee for each significant task. Some possibilities: fundraising; banquet; proclamation; publicity; speakers bureau; special events; awards; and Discover"E". Tips for promoting your activities to the media are found in the "National Engineers Week Media Guide." The Product Catalog offers a variety of promotional and educational products to enhance your National Engineers Week events.
Explore this site for ways to participate. If you would like more ideas, contact the public relations office of your engineering society or employer.